Because of one of those technological cock-ups that so love to spice up my life, I can’t access any of my domain names – web sites or email accounts – at home. But I can access the rest of the Internet.

I can only read my emails on my mobile phone, or by using my pay-as-you-use Orange modem, or by using someone else’s Internet connection.

The hosting company – which caused the problem in the first place – says that the only way to fix this is to get my ISP – Virgin Media, ntl: as-was – to flush their cache. I have asked them… no reply yet.

How we got to put man on the Moon is, frankly, beyond me sometimes.

PS – still no sign of the Wii…